Avian Influenza Virus Genomics and Bioinformatics Workshop
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
Avian Influenza Virus Bioinformatics
and Genomics Training Workshop
Sponsored by the World Health Organization (WHO), US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), US National Institutes of Health (NIH), and Hanoi School of Public Health (HSPH)
Venue: Hanoi School of Public Health, Hanoi, Viet Nam
Date: Monday, Aug 6-Saturday, Aug 11, 2007
The objective of the workshop is to promote surveillance and rapid response to outbreaks of avian influenza by advancing knowledge of the molecular genetics of avian influenza viruses.
Eligibility/Criteria for Selection:
Candidates will be selected from scientists in disease endemic countries in WHO's Western Pacific Region* with the following selection criteria:
- Involvement in research or data management in influenza
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrated computer skills and understanding of basic bioinformatics principles
- Available for entire duration of the workshop
- Good biochemistry and molecular biology background
Course website: http://www.bioinfohelpdesk.org/AIV_Hanoi2007/
Application Form : Select "Application" on the left navigation bar.
Venue: Hanoi School of Public Health - 138 Giang Vo, Ba Dinh District - Hanoi, Viet Nam.
Registration Fee: There are no registration fees for the course.
Financial support: Participants will be provided round trip economy airfare (direct route), hotel accommodations, and meals for the duration of the workshop. Training materials and DVD containing course contents will also be provided.
Course Language: English. Applicants must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Announcement: Friday, May 31, 2007 (closed enrollment)
- Announcement #2: Thursday, June 21, 2007 (open enrollment)
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 25, 2007
- Notification of Participants: Wednesday, June 27, 2007
- Deadline for Acceptance by Participants: Wednesday, June 27, 2007
- Workshop Dates: Monday, Aug 6-Saturday, Aug 11, 2007
For Further Information:
Michael L. Perdue
WHO Global Influenza Program
Department of Epidemic and Pandemic Alert and Response
20 Appia Way
Geneva, 1218 Switzerland
National Institutes of Health,
National Library of Medicine,
National Center for Biotechnology Information
Bldg 38A, Room 3S314-H
8600 Rockville Pike Bethesda, MD 20894, USA
* Countries in the World Health Organization's Western Pacific Region: American Samoa; Australia; Brunei Darussalam; Cambodia; China; Cook Islands; Fiji; French Polynesia; Guam; Hong Kong (China); Japan; Kiribati; Korea, Republic of; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Macao (China); Malaysia; Marshall Islands; Micronesia, Federated States of; Mongolia; Nauru; New Caledonia; New Zealand; Niue; Northern Mariana Islands, Commonwealth of the; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Pitcairn Islands; Samoa; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Tokelau; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu; Viet Nam; Wallis and Futuna
Last updated: Thursday, June 21, 2007 20:12 (EDT Time Washington DC)