Avian Influenza Virus Genomics and Bioinformatics Workshop
Welcome to the Avian Influenza Virus Genomics and Bioinformatics Workshop at the Hanoi School of Public Health, Hanoi, Viet Nam from August 6-11, 2007.
This Fact Sheet gives you some information about the workshop for your convenience.
For all participants and instructors arriving to Hanoi Noi Bai Airport:
1. When you arrive in Noi Bai Airport, you will need to clear immigration, claim your checked baggage, and then clear customs. Immediately, as you exit the international baggage claim/customs area, you will see a sign with your name on it or WHO or Hanoi School of Public Health. Unless otherwise stated, airport transport will take you to the hotel:
Note to airport pick-up group: Please circle one of the hotels during airport pick-up for participants/instructors:
Address.: D8 Giang Vo, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Tel : (84 4) 845 2270.
BSC Hotel: (for non-WHO sponsored international participants)
Address: 269 Kim Ma Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Tel: (84 4) 8232502
2. Hotel to conference site transfer. Both hotels are a short walk away from the workshop venue:
Hanoi School of Public Health (In Vietnamese: Trường Đại học Y tế Công cộng)
Add: 138A Giang Vo, Ba Dinh District, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Please refer to the walking map.
3. A detailed workshop schedule: http://www.bioinfohelpdesk.org/AIV_Hanoi2007/schedule.html (final version will be provided at registration.
4. Registration is at 8:00-8:30am on Monday, August 6 at the Hanoi School of Public Health (138 Giang Vo Street, Hanoi) in International Conference Room, 7th Floor (of the 7 total floor building). Please look for signs to the International Conference Room.
5. The first day (Monday, August 6) is general virology and influenza virus lectures in the International Conference Room, 7th Floor and is open to the public.
6. From Tuesday, Aug 7-11, 2007, the workshop is in the Hanoi School of Public Health, 138 Giang Vo Street, Hanoi in 3rd Floor Computer Room (of the 5 total floor building).
7. If you have avian influenza data you would like help to analyze, please bring it to the workshop. You are welcome to bring your own laptop if you would like to install software/data from the workshop on your own laptop. For WIFI interenet access in the computer room use "ITGroup (HSPH)" access point.
8. Please be advised that outside your hotel, credit cards are rarely accepted in Vietnam. Currency exchange can be done at the airport, in your hotel, or in a bank.
9. Emergency contact (enclosed in the emergency card):
Chuong Huynh: 0938156700
La Ngoc Quang: 091356950
Last updated: Saturday, August 4, 2007 20:52 (EDT Time Washington DC)